We take a proactive approach to user privacy and to ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (EU) laws and requirements for user privacy.
This data protection and privacy statement is to inform you about how we process your personal data.
1. Data co-controllers and data processors
ITMA Services NV, as well as its subsidiary, ITMA Services Pte Ltd (collectively referred to as “ITMA Services”) is the Organiser of ITMA (Exhibition), with address at A Reyerslaan 80, 1030, Brussels, Belgium. Both companies act as joint controllers of your personal data as described in 2016/679 (EU).
ITMA Services employs vendors to provide registration and other services pertaining to your service requests and to disseminate materials, information and marketing collaterals. With those vendors, data processing agreements have been finalised as described in 2016/679 (EU).
2. Purposes for collecting your data
We collect and process the information you provide us with for the following purposes:
· to enable you to be registered at our website
· to process your registration for any of the services, exhibitions or events you wish to register for
· to process and accommodate your request for a service offered through www.itma.com
· to send information related to your service request and participation in exhibitions or events to which you have registered; that includes updates, processing and confirmation of the participation or service request and corresponding documents, invoices and payment information
· to promote and to conduct service quality surveys
· subject to your consent or, when applicable, our legitimate interest (if you are already a client/attendee to our events): to share information on any of our services, events or exhibitions that might be of interest to you or to send marketing communications to you.
· to update lists of removal/withdrawal of data in the event you decide to change your preferences
· to improve your user experience of our services and products
· to comply with legal obligations
· to enable contractual/pre-contractual relationships linked to your voluntary accessing and browsing of the website and your requests for information and services
· to facilitate our legitimate interest in improving the website and its security
· to enable users’ consent, regarding the sending of customised marketing communications implying a profiling activity
3. Type of data collected
Data supplied by you
ITMA collects the data you supply to us for example upon registering to any of our events, ITMA network or e-newsletters. Data collected is for example your coordinates.
Via the website
4. User accounts
We offer services for registered users. The registration processes for those services involve the creation of user accounts.
We may use the information submitted to answer any questions or queries you may have submitted and to complete the services you requested for.
We may use the information to improve your user experience and inform you about further developments of our services and products that might be of interest to you.
5. Data storage
Your data will be stored for a period of 8 years:
· if you have attended any ITMA, ITMA Asia or other ITMA-related events,
· in the event of request for information and queries,
· if you have set up a user account for the ITMA Network
We store your personal data on protected servers. Server access is restricted to a small group of authorised persons empowered to administer the technical, commercial and content-related aspects of the server.
User contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but users using such processes are advised that they do so at their own risk.
7. Sharing personal data
· We are the sole party processing enquiry form data.
· For subscribers to the newsletters/electronic mailers, registered ITMA exhibitors, visitors, partners and members of the ITMA Network, your data will not be transferred.
· When we offer you a service through a third-party service provider, your data will be communicated to this service provider, acting as a data processor in the sense of 2016/679 (EU), with strict obligation to confidentiality and after the formalisation of the corresponding contract for the provision of services between us and the third-party service provider.
· Your personal data will not be sold or rented to third parties.
· We may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, to comply with our legal obligations or in the interests of security, public interest or law enforcement in any country where we have entities or affiliates. For example, we may respond to a request by a law enforcement agency or regulatory or governmental authority. We may also disclose data in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, security, people and other rights or interests.
· In the event that ITMA is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be transferred to the new owners of the business. In this case, we will implement the appropriate safeguards to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data. However, use of your personal information will remain subject to this Policy.
· We may transfer your personal data to third party providers who are located in third countries (outside the European Economic Area (EEA)). This data transfer outside the EEA is legitimate if the recipient of the data is located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection following a European Commission adequacy decision. Some of these countries may not have equivalent data protection legislation to protection the use of your personal data. In this case, we have assessed whether appropriate safeguards as within the EU are possible by, for example, executing standard contractual clauses. In particular cases, we will obtain your preliminary consent for transferring your personal data outside the EEA. For more information regarding the transfer of information you can follow the procedure as described in the Article on the Rights of the Data Subjects.
8. Data protection rights
We assure you that you can:
- revoke your consent for the processing and use of your personal data at any time, insofar as the processing activities are based on your consent
- access to your personal data
· obtain the erasure of your personal data
· request the rectification of inaccurate data or deletion of your data
· withdraw consent granted for the use of your data
· oppose the processing of your data, including for the sending of advertising information by electronic means
· exercise your right to the limitation of the processing, so that your data will not be removed but its processing will be subject to limitations
· exercise your right to data portability
As our personalised service relies on processing personal data which you have provided, therefore, if you revoke your consent, we may not be able to provide a personalised service.
You can exercise your data protection rights by informing the data controller through the address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and proving your identity. You can also file any claim or request related to your data protection rights with the relevant data protection authority.
If you have questions, suggestions or comments regarding data protection and the disclosure of personal data to third parties, they should be sent via email to ITMA Services at: email@example.com or send it to A Reyerslaan 80, 1030, Brussels, Belgium
Updated 26 August 2020